A friend of mine in Bucharest asked me to mention a festival she is organising, it is the first all comedy film festival in Bucharest and they are looking for funny, humorous, feel good movies to fill their programme.
For anyone with such a film all the info you need is below, including the contact info at the bottom, tell 'em Frank Kelly sent you!
• Zbang International Comedy Film Festival is the ﬁrst festival in Bucharest that focuses exclusively on ﬁction ﬁlms involving humor of all kind (comedy, parody, slap stick, black comedy, absurd comedy etc), be they short or feature length ﬁlms.
• The major goal of Zbang ICFF is to bring forward a genre that is mostly overlooked in recent years’ cinema, both in Romania and in Europe. By focusing on a genre that is accessible both for the general public and for ﬁlm professionals, the festival tries to put together frequent cinema goers and festival audiences.
• The organizers of Zbang ICFF wish to focus on one of the most important parts in the ﬁlmmaking process: the screenplay. During the 6 day festival, special attention will be given to comedy scripwriting by organizing a Comedy Script Contest and specialized workshops.
• Zbang International Comedy Film Festival is organized by Control N Cultural Association.
• Control N is a cultural association founded in 2009, having as primary objective the promotion of the Romanian cinema in Europe and of the European cinema in Romania, by creating a network of cultural exchange within ﬁlm lovers everywhere.
• Zbang International Film Festival consists of one competitive section, dedicated to short ﬁction ﬁlms and one non- competitive section, dedicated to feature length ﬁction ﬁlms.
• The Sections of the Festival are:
• Zbang Competition
• Pure Zbang
• Fresh Zbang
• Special Zbang
• All Time Zbang
• Zbang On the Spot
• Zbang Competition – a selection of 18 ﬁlms, produced within 2 years prior to the festival
• Pure Zbang – a selection of 7 ﬁlms produced in Europe or with a majority of European contribution
• Fresh Zbang – a selection of 3 ﬁlms produced one year prior to the festival, that have beneﬁted from a special media attention in the ﬁlm industry
• Special Zbang – a ﬁlm program composed of 3 ﬁlms in the ﬁlmography
of the special guest of the festival
• All Time Zbang – a selection of 3 ﬁlms that have changed the history of comedy, selected on the basis of the theme of each edition. The ﬁrst edition theme is: Taboo.
• Zbang On the Spot – a selection of 3 ﬁlms from one European cinematography, produced within 3 years prior to the festival (Zbang 2010: British Comedies)
• The competitive section of Zbang International Comedy Film
Festival is dedicated to short ﬁction ﬁlms. Selected ﬁlms are automatically eligible for the applicable competition category. Zbang International Comedy Film Festival awards ﬁlms for the following categories:
• The Zbang Award for Best Short Comedy
• Best Direction of a Short Comedy
• Best Screenplay of a Short Comedy
• Best Performance in a Short Comedy
• The Audience Award for Best Short Comedy
• The NISI MASA Award for the Best Short Comedy
• Zbang ICFF Festival also organizes four parallel programs dedicated to the promotion of comedy among ﬁlm lovers:
• COMEDY SHORT SCREENPLAY CONTEST – a screenwriting contest dedicated to ﬁlm professionals and non-professionals, focusing on writing a short ﬁlm comedy script.
• SCRIPT DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP – a 4 days intensive training programme with an international Script Development Specialist, having as main purpose the improving of the selected scripts.
• MASTERCLASS ON COMEDY – a 3 hours masterclass held by one of the festival guests, whose activity strongly focuses on comedy.
• ROUNDTABLE ON COMEDY – a public discussion involving Romanian and international ﬁlm personalities on the theme “What Happened to the Romanian Comedies?”
• Directors or scriptwriters whose ﬁlms have been selected in the festival program are invited to be guests of the festival. In this case, the Festival will contribute to
the travel and accommodation expenses according to its means. After each screening of their ﬁlms, the guests will be present for Q&A sessions with the audience.
• Other Festivals guests include European ﬁlmmakers, festival organizers, national and international press.
CONTROL N Cultural Association
OP 15, CP 10,